Friday 29 September 2017

Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, New DVD, Music Score Complete

After a few weeks of writing on and off, I am pleased to have completed the music score for our new film on Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne.  Linked to Celtic Christianity this film covers a lot of history as well as some solid aspects of the Faith such as the Precepts.  I enjoyed writing this music, I have been wanting to work on something on Saint Aiden for a while now as it's an area of Britain which is very nice. 
Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne
I recently read a book set on Holy Island and it was nice being immersed in that area of the country.  I originally intended to write some music themes which were very Celtic sounding, but in the end there are lots of themes in this score which give a lot of contrast. I used some Alto Recorders for various scenery musical interludes, with guitar and baroque guitar and harp. 

Shepherds Horn
What I did do that was unexpected was to use Shofar and Shepherd horns particularly when the narrative deals with the many kings and feuds of that time.  It was enjoyable and keeps the interest and tension.  In the middle of this film I wrote some contemplative music and touched upon Gregorian Chant as Pope St. Gregory sends the missions to England.  I fused this with "Alto" which has some beautiful phrases and lifted the score up mystically especially when accompanied by warm strings and pads.  The result is a very informative, enjoyable, uplifting and spiritual film which is available now from our websites www.marysdowryproductions.org as well as Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment